Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The best made plans...

My plan today was to quilt the pillow shams.  But, first the electrician was coming at 8 am.  (I don't really do 8 am all that much any more!) But up and dressed -- I was ready.  He was late. Oh well.  I had cleaned 1 and a half bathrooms and started a load of laundry before he arrived. He got started, I got breakfast.  And then I thought I'd get a head start on dinner so I could just slide it in the oven and out would come lasagna.  Well, no, no sauce.  I have a great sauce recipe so I made sauce.  And, then it was too hot to put into the lasagna.  Make a long story short it was probably 1 before I made it to the studio.  I finished the borders on the sham that still needed it.  I found some plain fabric to back one sham.  Sewed a few other seams and then it was time to come downstairs and put the lasagna together.  Now I am worn out!  Maybe I'll try again after dinner. I'm going to read for a while after this is done. 

The wind is blowing like crazy outside -- leaves are falling everywhere.  The weather forecaster mentioned the "S" word -- as in snow flurries.  WAIT it's only mid-October.  No "s" word yet. What a difference when you don't teach! We loved the "S" word in January up through February.  The good news is it is too warm to do the snow thing and it really isn't even raining here.  OOOO -- the power just flashed.  Now, that isn't a good thing at all!  (Love my laptop!) I'm off to lay on the couch and read for a bit.  I need to gather my strength to quilt at least one sham front this evening!  Happy quilting (or reading) all!  Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how when you retire you still run out of time to do all the things you want to do? But you and I still find time to work in quilting: how fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.