This morning I still had to piece the backing of a lap quilt. But I had bought more than enough fabric to make the backing. So, I measured the quilt top, I measured the backing. I ripped the piece to the correct size. Except, it wasn't the correct size! It was too small. So, I remeasured the quilt, the backing and then tried to add some more. I needed 7" or so I thought. I cut it 14" but some how it didn't end up that big. Then, I tried to sew the short ends together so I could add it to the bigger piece. Well, somehow I sewed the long sides together but I realized it before I sewed all 43". Ripped that out, sewed the small sides. Ironed the thing and then sewed it onto the backing. It fit but there isn't a lot of extra fabric hanging around. Sheesh!
I had the other pieces ready to baste. One is a pillow sham. The other is a small quilt I made at a class. I think it was called Stripper's Mystery. The class was taught by Gyleen Fitzgerald. She's a great teacher and a lot of fun. The cool part is people ended up with very different looking quilts. I'll post pictures when I finish it. This quilt has been quilted once and then I ripped the stitches out because I didn't like how it looked. This time I will stitch in the ditch and let the fabric shine. Oh well.