Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh My Funky Star!


I have taken the challenge to create a quilt based on the election.  My thought is red or blue stars that represent which way the states voted.  (Don't know what I'll do about the states that split the electoral college votes!) 

Here's my first attempt at a star.  This is from Fons and Porter's web site.  (You have to register to get to the free patterns.) Look for Making Stars under Online Extras, Sew Easy Lessons.  It uses hand drawn stars on freezer paper.  For every pair of stars you draw one star on the freezer paper and when finished you have a negative and positive version.   I'm still working on the other star. 

The only problem I have now is the size came up smaller than planned.  Hum, I'm going to have to see if I can get it to the size I want.  This should do a great job of busting some of my red and blue stash.  And, I'm talking little pieces rather than yardage... boy will that feel good.  Now, can I finish at least the top by the end of November.  Stay tuned!  Happy quilting all!  Bonnie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.