Saturday, November 8, 2008

Quilts from the Past


Since I am working on testing a mystery quilt I can't share photos or comments or . . .   So I will share two quilts from the recent past (ie the last year or so.) 

I won most of these blocks at a guild block drawing several years ago. I love how bright they are.  And, yes it is the basis of my headline.  Sharon was happy because the block on the left in the headline is hers! This was done in time for me to submit it in my guild's spring of '08 show. I chose to make several more blocks to get it to this size.  It was nasty making all those triangles but I really love the look of it.  Hum, I wonder where it is now?   One of these days I'll hunt for it. 


When I worked at the elementary school every new baby born to a staff member received a quilt.  This is one of them.  I think the soft pinks looked better in person but it was a simple, fast quilt to do and that is what I needed at the moment. 

I still make bow tie blocks just to have hanging around.  I use them as leaders/enders often. And, when I get a huge bunch I will lay them out and see if I want to make another top.  It would be good for a Project Linus quilt.  I think the block ends up 6" finished.  I made another bowtie quilt around the time I made this pink one and I put plain white blocks in between the bowties.  Such a versatile block. 

Ok, off to finish the last clue or two of the wonderful mystery. It is quite a quilt. I am pretty sure I will love it finished!  I'll let you know in the next few days! 

Happy Quilting. Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.