I made this 4 patch posie from mostly stash fabric. (I think the floral print came from when I made some shorts for the kids when they were young -- think 6 yrs. old or so. And, maybe only for Jenny, I just can't see Kevin wearing that fabric at any age!)
This is really an interesting technique. The designs on the fabric certainly look different when done this way. There are lots of different flowers and a parrot on the fabric. I didn't think to take a photo of the fabric before I cut it apart. Check out the parrot in this close up.
Jenny is doing the quilting and finishing and then will donate it to Fidos. I'll try to remember to post a link when it hits the silent auction page for Fidos.
Spring! is coming along but I am not making fast progress on it. I still have to get the piece together as a top. Last night I traced the pieces that will be appliqued on. I am thinking of using a machine blanket stitch on those pieces. If I would get off the computer and actually do something.... And, I always sew with an ender so that does take a bit of time to keep organized. Right now I am sewing x blocks together as my ender. I'm going to have that top together before the Spring one if I am not careful!
On to the studio!
Happy Quilting All! Bonnie