Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I've been busy! First my road trip report and then a little bit of the fun I had Saturday.

Five of us met to go out to Endless Mountain Quiltworks in Tunkhannock, Pa. It is a wonderful shop with lots of fabric and lots of variety. If you like Thimbleberries, Amy Butler,kiddie fabric, brights, 30's prints,
reproductions -- you name it, there is some at Endless Mountain Quiltworks. I was able to get fabric that went with my jelly roll although it is not the exact same fabric. All of us helped the economy by buying some fabric! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!) I haven't taken a picture of the fabric but I did take some pictures while we were out and about.
After shopping we went to lunch at Twigs on the main street in Tunkhannock. Yummy food and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

From left to right: Carol, me, Carol, Pat and Ada. How amazing is this -- no red eyed gals amongst us!

And, just so you know I wasn't kidding about our helping the economy here's our bags in the back of Carol's car. Mine is the blue bag. (I am so ecologically sound...LOL)

Saturday I got a call from Ruth before 9 am. Would I like to go to a meeting of a long arm quilter's group that meets relatively close to us. (Ok an hour or so away!) You bet I would! I enjoyed myself thoroughly with a nice group of ladies and gentlemen. And, I learned lots. I was trying to be all ears and eyes but the mouth had a little work out with laughing and chatting. Tomorrow I'll share some fabulous photos from that adventure. As I told Ruth as we were driving home "That four hours flew by." Since she and I met at a Dunkin' Donuts I treated myself to a toasted coconut donut and an orange coolata. Yum.

Today I finished the quilt on Ruthie and will share photos of it soon. Tomorrow I will stay home and sew for a change. I'm about finished with the binding on the little road quilt. Hopefully I'll trim the blue quilt I took off today and perhaps make the binding for it. And, I need to get going on Sarah's graduation quilt from the Sizzlin' Sixties book. My quilt life is full.

Quick question if you've hung with me to the end. I'm going to use a jelly roll on Sarah's quilt. The background fabric is from my stash and has been washed. I am not sure whether I should try to shrink the strips by hand or just use them as they are. Any ideas out there?

Happy Quilting All!

2 comments:

  1. Some of my stash is washed, most is not. I've had no trouble mixing them. I think when I iron and use sizing or starch, that it smooths it out enough that on a second wash, they all work out together. I did, however, change my mind this weekend, but the fabric was flannel. It shrunk a whole bunch. The rest was already washed. I have yet to make a meeting of our longarm group. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a full and fun quilting life!!! Just go for it on the Jelly Roll strips. I do it all the time.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.