Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Great Progress Report

I had a very productive day in the studio. Here's what got done:

•Sarah's quilt top is done -- and pressed and most of the loose threads have been trimmed.

• made an extra hexagon block to use on the back.

•made the label which I actually sewed into the backing.

• sewed the backing together.
While I was doing all of these I was sewing blocks together as my leaders and enders. That quilt is Bricks and Stepping Stones from quiltville.com . I've been working on this off and on for several months. So, I guess that is the next top I will finish.

For those who like to see what is on design walls -- here's mine!

The top was a practice of a technique.

Next are a few happy blocks and a piece for the center of a block.

Purple pinwheel is a sample for Sarah's hexagon quilt. And, the little pieces below and to the left. That's another way of putting together 60º wedges.

At the bottom right is an applique project. I have done about 3 or 4 12" blocks but have lost interest in it. Maybe I'll pull it out after I finish the Bunny Hill block of the month. (Don't hold your breath!)

That's it for tonight. I'll be showing off Sarah's quilt after I get it quilted. Now, to pin the zippers on so I can load it on to Ruthie tomorrow. I am anticipating quilting on this over the next several days.

Happy Quilting All!

1 comment:

  1. nothing like a productive day in the sewing room!
    I need a few more of those soon.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.