Friday, September 25, 2009

Charity Blocks






Here's what is currently on my design wall. These are Jacob's Ladder blocks that will be going to a yahoo group, Stash_Quilters, for a Quilts of Valor quilt. I really like the looks of this block. Easy and versatile also.

Hopefully, this will get in the mail either Saturday or Monday.

Earlier this week I also made this little basket. The pattern is here, at Moda Bake Shop. I didn't quite make it like the pattern listed. I left off the handles. And, mine turned out a bit more square than rectangular. I try to make a small prize for my quilt group to encourage folks to make the block of the month. So, after someone wins the blocks, the rest have a chance at a little prize. The internet has wonderful little projects.


Tomorrow I plan to quilt two quilts on Ruthie. One is another charity quilt from my guild in Maryland. And, then I have a Irish Chain lap quilt to do. I'm hoping to do some free hand leaves and then something in the spaces -- flowers or some such thing. The leaves will be practiced on the charity quilt first. I'm hoping to do flowers similar to the ones I did on a previous quilt. I'll keep you posted!

Happy quilting all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.