Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fabric Busting Report, Finally

Here's my report for fabric usage from August.

Fabric used: 13.5 yards

Fabric purchased: 6.625 yards

Net fabric USED from stash: 6.875 yards

YEAR

Year to date fabric used: 63.375 yards

Year to date fabric purchased: 81.375 yards

Net Year to date USED from stash :(18) yards

Wahoo! Snoopy Dancing going on around here! Finally, for the first time this year I have used more fabric then I brought in. Will this be a trend for the rest of the year? Can I use more fabric this year than I buy? I am going to try to continue this so I have a use-it-up trend going. I guess one month can't be a trend.

I'm off to make some small dents in my stash. A block here, a block there. And, yes folks, I do count EVERY block!

Happy Quilting All.


3 comments:

  1. Amazing how those bits and pieces contribute to the total amount used. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, how do you keep track of the fabric usage? In a note book? How did you get so organized? How do you remember to do it? I have trouble keeping track of hours when sewing for someone else. Anyway good job. I would like to do this myself. Nancy H
    Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy H.
    Yes I do keep a little notebook. I've got one section for purchases -- that's easy what ever amount I buy. Outgoing is a bit more difficult. I don't count the fab used until I completely finish the quilt. Then I measure quilt and figure the square inches. Then divide by 1440 which allows a little for seams and not much for edges that are trimmed.

    If you want visit my profile and send me an email. I'll give you a bit more info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.