Thursday, December 31, 2009

2 More Finishes in 1009

Mystery #11 is now done. Marge is selling the pattern on her site as Quarter of a Court House Square. A portion of the cost goes to the American Cancer Society. I finished the binding last night. This is the front:

And, here is the back. I used left over blocks laid out in a different pattern. And then added various fabrics from my black collection. This used up some of the fabrics, others I have bits left. Hum, wonder if they'll end up in other scrap quilts?
Today I quilted a String X from Quiltville. Tomorrow I'll get a picture of it to post. I started with a pantograph and then didn't like how it looked. Tore out 3/4th of one row and then I did a stipple stitch on it.

The pups had a great time playing in the snow today. It is nice to see the Kona is playing with Raggs a bit more. She still doesn't do much with toys but she runs around and chases Raggs. Tonight I took out a little metal dimpled disc from Ragg's mouth. Oops. I think he ate my entire leather thimble except the metal disc. I'll check upstairs to see if the leather part is up there but my guess is it is being digested.

Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve and a great 2010. (Wasn't it just yesterday when we were worried about what would happen to the computers when the year changed from 1999 to 2000?) I'll be watching the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl. Maybe we'll see Brian and Jenny there. They'll be sitting in the end zone pretty low so we might be able to see them during field goals. Brian is, OH NO, an Ohio State fan. We SC fans are somewhat tolerant.

Happy Quilting All!

8 comments:

  1. Love it, now please post on the group too, so they can see it!

    And it's not up for sale yet, but on my list of things to do!
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the quilt looks awesome!! I love watching dogs play! My 2 would rather just chew on toys....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,
    That turned out beautifully!! The colors are just perfect for this pattern. Great job! Unfortunately, I think I am going to sit out the next mystery as I just have too many UFO's I want to get done first

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish for the end of the year! And the back is really interesting too!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    The pattern from the Quarter of a Court House Square is very beautiful. I like it very much.

    Greeting and a happy New Year.

    Guilitta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt Bonnie, Love how you pieced the back. Happy New Year and I hope your 2010 is wonderful.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm..bonnie. I just noticed something. Reread your title of this post. You look GREAT for being that old!!!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.