Sunday, December 20, 2009

Making Christmas Progress.

As of last posting 1, 6 and 7 were either done or well on the way to being done.

I've been a busy quilter -- working on the rest of the things I need to do rather than the things I want to do.
#3 is done -- all four stockings are hung by the chimney with care along with the other 4 stockings. (some of the dogs will have to share stockings unless their mommy and daddy bring a stocking for them.)

#4 is 3/4th done. Names are on all but Kevin's stocking. All I need to do is cut out the letters and apply them. (phew, no handwritten paper notes pinned on the stockings!)

#5 -- presents wrapped. Well except for one person's who will remain nameless. (I got to lock myself in a room to wrap those presents...)

#8 -- Food shopping is done after hitting two different stores. Ooops, we still need orange marmalade, and lettuce and celery. Ok, BIG food shopping is done. Smaller, local stuff will be done, probably on Tuesday.

Our kids were hit with the 20+ inches of snow in Maryland. CraZy Kevin took his mountain bike and hit the trails in a state park earlier in the morning on Saturday. Aimee, smart woman that she is, stayed home and quilted. Brian and Jenny were in Ohio missing most of the fun. Nice that they have a townhouse to come home to as the snow removal is done for them.

We only got about 5". Not all that big a deal. I don't think we have any more snow coming this week. This will hold until after Christmas as we don't have any days with temperatures above 32 until Thursday.

Among all the Christmas preparations I have been working on mystery #11 from Mysteries for Relay on Yahoo Groups. The top is ready for borders. I have some of the back pieced. After I put the borders on I will use some of the border fabric to fill out the backing. (not that I have enough and I think I will save some for the binding.) I am hoping that I can quilt and bind this before the end of 2009. I'd like to use a substantial amount of fabric for December. And, that way I would actually use more fabric than I brought into the house in 2009. I have one other quilt that just needs borders (which I have) and then quilt it (and I have the backing!) Maybe that one will get done in 2010.

Happy Quilting All!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see mystery #11 top! I still have the blocks waiting to go together for my second one of that..the one that I am going to layout like a Bento box pattern. I didn't start the Carolina Christmas quilt as I knew I wouldn't have time and planned on starting it in the New Year. Not sure I am all that crazy about it now, though. Are you working on that one at all?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.