Monday, December 28, 2009

Wonderful Christmas

What a great visit with Jenny and Brian and Kevin and Aimee. Christmas day was great. Super gifts, great food, lots of fun.
Saturday the weather turned a bit nasty. Our plans to go snow tubing got sleeted out. Nobody wanted to get wet and cold and icy!
The driveway looked pretty treacherous in the morning but mostly melted by the afternoon.

Jenny spent the day quilting this Christmas log cabin quilt she made over several years. My friend Sharon made two of these Christmas quilts. I let her cut strips from my Christmas stash so she cut a strip or two extra for me. I passed them on to Jenny about 5 years ago and she has worked on them on and off. On our road trip to Mary Jo's this past summer she purchased the backing fabric.

Jen gets really focused if she wants to get something done. She set the goal to get the quilt done this weekend. She actually started and finished it on Saturday. I cut the binding for her from leftover backing. She also got the binding on the monster quilt. (117x117" is big!) We got half of it hand sewn down.


More during my next post. Happy quilting all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm catching up on my blog reading. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I love Jen's quilt on the long arm. SUPER!!!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jen's quilt on the long arm but I really love the red painted quilting room. I'd love to come over and play, If only I lived closer! LOL
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.