Monday, May 3, 2010

A Delayed April Stash Usage Report

Because I was down in Maryland (and I forgot to take the information with me) I now admit to my April, 2010 Stash Report. OH NO > I went shopping big time in April!

April Stash Report
Fabric Acquired: 13 1/4 yards
Fabric Used: 1 1/8 yards
Net Fabric Acquired: 12 1/8 yards

Year To Date Report
Fabric Acquired: 22 1/8 yards
Fabric Used: 19 1/4 yards
Net Fabric Acquired: 2 7/8 yards

On to my excuses -- I was out of town 13 nights during April. Although I have quilts close to quilting, I didn't get any quilted during the month except a 14" miniature. I do have a cute string quilt ready to go on Ruthie but I think I'll wait a while before I actually get to it. And, I'm going to hunt around and see what else I can finish up quickly so I have some more finishes.

Pat and I stopped at Sauders on our way back up from Virginia two weeks ago. I kinda bought some fabric for the princess.... and some for the string quilt mentioned above. Maybe it is time to use some of the fabric for the princess...

The quilt show was fabulous. Over 300 quilts were hung and what a variety -- some beautiful art quilts, gorgeous Baltimore Album quilts, traditional pieced, purses, jackets. The quality of the pieces was amazing. The colors were spectacular. I overheard many a person walking out with oohs and ahs on their lips as well as praise for FCQ. If you live in the Columbia, Maryland area this is, without a doubt, a very dynamic group. Come join us. Yep, I continue to maintain my membership here.

Ok, enough self-congratulation. I drove home today after spending last night with my daughter and son-in-law. Of course, I couldn't help getting side tracked just a little. I went to Needle-N-Pins in Frederick, Maryland to buy some wool felt to try a felt project. There was a wonderful felt wallhanging for Easter in the Silent Auction. I really would have liked to get it but the price moved up pretty steeply. The gal who made it also did a demonstration so I decided to try it. (Plus the wool felt will look good in a few places on the A Tisket, A Tasket quilt I'm still working on. I'm almost done with one more block of it.

And then I went to PhotoScraps in Eldersburg to buy some stamps for rubber stamping. (As if I don't have enough to do!) Both stores are very inspiring.

I really controlled myself at Needles-N-Pins as they had wonderful quilt fabric also. Once I take a picture of my stack of wool felt and the design I'm going to do I'll show you those purchases. I also got a new wallet pattern by Atkinson Designs. I've had my eye out for this little wallet for a while. I'll make a couple and see how well I like it. (Darn, it sure doesn't use very much fabric, does it?) (This picture is from Atkinson Designs.)

Raggs and Pat were happy to see me home. Now I suppose I'll have to start cooking again. Tomorrow I finish putting everything away and veg out all day. That is sit around and not do very much! Or at least I think that is what I'm going to do.

Time for me to get to bed. I'm totally worn out.
Happy Quilting All!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.