She cut the fabric slightly wider than the shade and about an inch longer than the widest part. Then she folded under the raw edge on the shorter side. Using a glue gun she glued the folded edge to the seam on the shade. Then she folded the other side so it would meet the glued edge.
She then glued the bottom edge to the inside of the shade. We found we had to glue small sections at a time or the glue would cool too fast.
Because the shade was wider at the bottom than at the top she had to gather the top edge. Using a needle and thread she ran a gathering stitch about a half inch in around the top edge.
Then we pulled it up. My job during the whole event was holding. So, here I am holding the strings tight.
Jenny glued the top edge with some gathers to take up the excess fabric.
She snipped where the frame got in the way.
Here's the finished shade.
Here's the finished project shining in the baby's room.
Not bad for a first effort. I'm wondering whether I have a few lamps that could benefit from colorful shades!
Today's plans include working on a miniature quilt for Marge's challenge for