Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Making Progress --

How do you center a two sided quilt?  Or, in may case, table runner.  That was my dilemma yesterday.  My solution was to put the quilt on the second side and leave pins outlining where the top side would go. I spray basted the batting to the backing, did the pin thing and then spray basted the top on it.  I was pretty close to the top being centered on the back.  Front of the table runner is fall themed with the back being Halloween blocks.  I hadn't given much thought to how to center it until I got to that stage.  Luckily it went pretty well.  It's been quilted and today I'll put binding on it.  But, wait, why make this easy.  I found this tip on how to do double-sided binding so I'm going to give it a try.   http://www.byannie.com/double-sided-binding/

Monday I made a few more units for the pineapple quilt.  It is on hold as I finish the table runner that is a late wedding present.  Pictures once I get it finished. 


Monday I was doing a load of laundry in our HE washer.  The darn thing nearly spins itself off its platform when it goes into the final spin.  Silly me.  I had shrunk several squares of fabric and had spread them on a towel on the washer to dry.  You got it.  Several are now residing behind the washer not to be gotten until we get a new one or we move.  Both are unlikely to happen any time soon.  Here's how I was drying other fabric that I got from the guild auction a while ago.  Of course, Raggs liked to get these.


Friday I go to an all day sew in geared to finishing Christmas presents.  Heck, I'm not making all that many Christmas presents.  So, I'm going to pick a new old project to work on.  Or a new, new project to work on.  


I'm on to the studio.  Happy quilting all.  

1 comment:

  1. How nice it will be to have a reversible runner, I can imagine how tricky it would be to get it all lined up though. Glad you got it figured out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.