The finished mystery quilt. The yellow isn't really so taxi cab yellow but it is intense and bright. I found a leftover piece of blue/green/turquoise fabric exactly the right size for the backing. It is pieced, ironed and ready to quilt when I feel like it.
Today's Plans (from Monday, 1/3/11)
• Pick the 5 quilts I'd like to make from my books and patterns and list them somewhere. I came up with about 7 - help!
• Make 2 kits for Baby Quilt Sew In on Saturday. Fabrics picked no cutting done.
• Put the last strip on the Trip Around the World. Determine if it needs to be bigger. Added the strip and need 2 more strips to make it square and several more to make it into a rectangle.
• Pick next UFO. Didn't even think about this one.
• Prep triangles for current scrap quilt. I sewed a bunch of the triangles but haven't trimmed yet. Hum, this got on the UFO list so maybe I did pick the next UFO.
• Sign up for UFO challenges. Tried Patchwork Times but it closed as of 1/1/11. Oops. A day late and probably several dollars short to boot. I did send my UFO list to Fabricholics Anonymous's UFO Challenge. So, I guess I did this one too.
Wow -- I did almost everything on my plan. Amazing. Hey, did you know you can change the background color of your type on your blog? I learn something new every day.
Today I'm not going to be quite so goal oriented. At least, I don't think I am.
∆ Ugh -- a couple of loads of laundry.
∆ Trim up the triangles.
∆ Prep backing for last FCQ charity quilt to be done on Ruthie.
∆ Cut fabs for the baby quilts.
The cute ∆ is made on my Mac keyboard by using the option key (maybe alt key on Windows) and pressing "J". The rest of the keys have different symbols but not as cute as the triangle and I used the • yesterday. (option and 8) ° oh my by shifting, option 8 I get the degree symbol. Hum, I guess I'll need to see what other cute things I can find...
That's it. I'm not terribly motivated on ironing the backing of a twin size quilt and darn, the quilt itself will need ironing also. But, I want to get it done so I can take it north next week.
Enough goofing off -- although the first load of laundry is probably completely done.