Friday, February 18, 2011

Do Quilters Know How to Have Fun?


YOU BETCHA! 
Susan Cleveland, pictured front left,  flew in from Minnesota so several of us from Faithful Circle took her out to dinner.  We went to G & M's for dinner. What a crowd.  We waited 20 minutes or so and then had fabulous meals.  Most of us had crab cakes.  Outstanding!  We stayed up a bit late to be fully functioning early in the morning but Sharon and I were able to be at the meeting early to set up. 

For those of you unfamiliar with Susan's work please visit her website, Pieces Be With You. She is a great teacher with some wonderful ideas and tools.  We took Piping Hot Curves - Macaroni as a half day class. Here's the quilt on which the class is based.



Here's what Sharon and I got finished in the 3 hour class. Susan has really figured out a great way to put the piping into curved pieces. 

I think I will be making a few more blocks so I at least have a 9 patch mini wall hanging using this great technique.  (Well, after I finish a couple of my projects currently in the works.) 

If you ever get to go to one of Susan's lectures or one of her classes, sign up.  She keeps you entertained the whole time.  She uses technology to enhance her teaching so you can really see what she wants you to do.  Sharon and I are contemplating going to the NQA show in Ohio and we're hoping to take another class from Susan.  

Today, we're hanging around, working on the 2nd block that came in the Macaroni kit. Need to reinforce that learning!  I'll be working on Sophia's shrug also.  I was following the directions and then realized the little collar I was building was centered over one of the sleeves.  WHAT?  I checked the directions and I'm pretty sure I was following correctly.  I ended up pulling about 10 rows out and then have rewritten the directions to do what I think it should do.  Hopefully the sweater will be done or nearly done by the time I go visit Sophie tomorrow. 

Sharon & I will be going out to lunch with another friend today and then get back to the sewing, or knitting.  
Happy Quilting All! 


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.