Monday, April 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday 4-18-11

This is the first of two kits I am making for Quilts for Kids.  It is fast and easy and lots of fun to work with new (at least to me) fabrics.  It's on the list to be quilted. 



And the double bow tie quilt with borders almost done.  Notice that little bitty brown and beige bow tie in the top left corner?  That was my sample to make sure I had the right size.  The piano key border will be cut down to that size . . .  approximately 3" or so.  I have some green I will be using for the corner mini bow ties.  This top is almost done. Yeah!

Last Week's Goals

Goals for 4/11/11
• Finish 2nd  border of double bow tie blocks.√ all four borders are made.  Need to add corner blocks.
• Make one of the Quilts for Kids kits.√
• Easter blocks – start design and make any extra blocks needed.  (Ok, it’s a repeat.) √ have some extra blocks made.  Need to figure out final layout.
• Chunky Churn Dashes are still calling me…. Answer the call! No more planning on doing this one for now.
• Pick up more charity baby quilts and quilt one.
•Decide on backing for last mystery quilt…. Buyor put it together.
• Sew next border on bees quilt and figure out backing. I’m retiring this goal for a couple of weeks.


Goals for 4/18/11
• Make 4 small bow tie blocks and then sew the border on the double bow tie quilt.
• Finish up the little Easter quilt from 1994 swap blocks.
• Make the backing for the last mystery quilt.
• Quilt one charity quilt, Jenny’s red and yellow quilt, last mystery quilt.
• Enjoy Easter – lots of services that the choir will be singing at so I won’t have as much time to sew this week. 

Don't forget to visit Patchwork Times to see what other bloggers have on their design wall today. You may have to look down a post or two to find the Design Wall Monday post. Enjoy your surfing! 

Happy Quilting All! 

5 comments:

  1. Love the quilt for kids quilt. The fabrics are adorable, love the turtles. But the bow tie, is one of my favorites, just love that one!! Looks like you've been busy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreee the kits they send from Quilt for Kids are fun to make.
    your bowtie top is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project on your design wall and I knew you would come up with a clever solution for the Bowtie quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been making bowtie blocks lately too...aren't they fun?!?
    I really like how you make a list of things to work on and keep focused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a great kit to play with--reminding me I need to send for another one.

    Love the bow tie quilt, so lively and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.