This is a happy quilt (see Maryquilts.com for the pattern.) I need to sew it together but I'm not sure that will happen this week or not. To see the center fabric up close go here.
To see what is on other people's design wall visit Judy's Patchwork Times.
Goals for 4/18/11
• Make 4 small bow tie blocks and then sew the border on the double bow tie quilt. √ Done
• Finish up the little Easter quilt from 1994 swap blocks. Didn't even look at it.... sigh
• Make the backing for the last mystery quilt.√
• Quilt one charity quilt, Jenny’s red and yellow quilt, last mystery quilt. 3/4th through the last mystery quilt but nothing else.• Enjoy Easter – lots of services that the choir will be singing at so I won’t have as much time to sew this week. Wonderful service.
Goals for 4/25/11
• Finish quilting on mystery quilting.
• Quilt 3 small charity quilts.
• Quilt Jenny’s quilt.
• Sew Happy Quilt together.
• Sew Easter Quilt together.
• Start needle case for Small Quilts Talk swap.
Hum, after last week and not getting much done I'm not going too wild with my goals. If I had really looked at last week's goals I might have started the charity quilts before the mystery quilt.
Instead of quilting yesterday afternoon I read One Was a Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming. This is the 7th book about Clare Ferguson, Episcopal priest, former Army helicopter pilot and in a complex relationship with the local chief of police, Russ Van Alstyne. This particular book was so good that I read it in less than 24 hours. Darn, now I can't anticipate reading it and who knows how long before her next book will be out. I highly recommend the books in this series. Check to see if your local library has this series. I was able to read the series in order and I'd suggest doing that. If you like to read mysteries with well developed characters try this series. (off of my soap box...)
Happy Quilting All!