Monday, January 2, 2012

The First Design Wall Monday of 2012


Here's what I've been working on. I started Planet Patchwork's New Years Day mystery yesterday.  Oops -- I started a new quilt, didn't I?  Here's what I got done in one day.  This is one clue.  I spent the whole day working on this.  It called for 2.5" strips which I was happy to use from my collection of strips.  Except a lot of mine were short pieces 3" to 5".  It would have gone much faster if I had used 22" long strips.  This is what took me nearly the whole day.  I'll sew the next clue this morning since I pinned them together last night.  And then I'm watching the Tournament of Roses parade and the Rose Bowl game. 

 
Goals for Week of 12/26/11
Finish Christmas cards and mail
Make 4 blocks for FCQ Equilters Komen donation quilts
Make more log cabin blocks
Work on Carolina Christmas (finish clue 4) Almost done with all of these
Cut fabric for Planet Patchwork’s New Year’s Day Mystery
Start the Temecula Quilt Store 12 Days of Christmas Mystery
Begin working on another secret project. Shoot, what was this secret project??? Oh yes, fabric is selected…. 

I did pretty well on getting things done this past week.  So what's coming up this first week of 2012. 

Week of Jan 2, 2012
Finish the 12 Days of Christmas Mystery
Put the Chip and Strips top, mystery from Planet Patchwork
Baste and quilt Twister Quilt
Make practice block for secret project
Cut out the rest of the secret project and begin stitching
Make 4 more blocks for EFCQuilter’s Komen donation quilt
Yuck, vacuum the downstairs. 

Don't forget to visit Patchwork Times to see what is new on design walls across the internet. 

Happy Quilting All! 




5 comments:

  1. Parabéns,e que venha saudável.Netos são sempre muito bem-vindos.Eu tenho um de 14 meses TOBIAS,em abril chega Maria Rita,estou ansiosa...FELIZ ANO NOVO!!! FELIZ ANO TODO!!!Maria do Carmo Pezzuto

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in all, not a bad day's work, right? You've got some good goals laid out for this week -- looks like you'll stay busy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planned to do Planet Patchwork's mystery too but Orca Bay got in the way. I've spent almost 50 hours just making the components for the top! I did print out PP's clues to make it someday though. Keep plugging away on it, I want to see it when it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, looks like you have been busy. Finally tomorrow I can start to do some quilting...husband goes back to work tomorrow!! I think I will be organizing the sewing room in the morning and starting a project in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sewing the rows together today for this mystery. Look forward to seeing how yours comes together...it was fun to sew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.