Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday 8-13-12

I've been in withdrawal.  My hard drive gave up a week ago.  What?  Why didn't they mention the fact it might be failing last time I had it worked on? I usually back it up every couple of months . . . But it was January the last time I did it.  Sniff.  Good bye Smithsonian pics.  Goodbye list of books I've read this year.  Sniff, sniff.  Hopefully, my Mac will be coming home soon.

As I was leaving the Apple store I picked up an iPad.  I probably need to take a class so I know all its tricks and treats.  So today's blog is brought to you by iPad.

ARGH!  I can't upload my picture from the iPad.  Please let me know if you know how.

I'm working on a Christmas wall hanging with 12 machine embroidered red work snowman, santas, and gingerbread people.  It has some pieced trees in green and many reds squares and strips.  A picture would be so much better!

Don't forgt to go to Judy's Patchwork Times.
http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/08/13/design-wall-monday-august-13-2012/

Two goals this week.
Work on Christmas quilt
Work on Scrap Squad #4

That's pretty much what I've been doing for the last week or so.

Happy Quilting.  Bonnie

9 comments:

  1. OH NO! Oh Bonnie, I'm so, so sorry. They were able to pull your info off the hard drive?? I know (first hand) how heartbreaking this is. Enjoy your new Mac ... and your iPad, too!! And have fun working on your Christmas project -- looking forward to seeing pics, soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your 'puter! I'm terrible about backing up...rather, not doing it. Enjoy your iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the Genius Bar is able to retrieve your hard drive's information.

    I try to back up my files every month, but I'm lucky if I do it every two. I send myself a reminder with my iCalendar - you might try that.

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your computer and I hope they can save your files! My grandson has a iPad and loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I'll back up my computer tonight: just sayin'. I never remember to do it either. And I've never tried to upload a picture with my iPad so I'm no help at all. Guess I'll just leave.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a blog so I can't help with uploading photos, but I hope you'll love your IPad as much asI love mine! Thanks for the incentive to back up my iMac! I'll get Time Machine going right now! -- sent from my iPad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a nightmare....I'm going to hook up my elephant and get everything caught up...right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man I hate computer issues-who doesn't right? I so need to back up my stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely not a fun time. I went through a similar thing last March when the laptop monitor gave up the ghost. I'm doing a much better job of backing up my files monthly after loosing my more recent EQ files and all my quilting related documents. Thankfully they were able to retrieve all the data off my hard drive so it could be loaded onto the new computer. They may be able to salvage some of your files even if the hard drive is "dead".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.