Monday, October 22, 2012

Design Wall Monday 10-22-12

I'm late today because I went apple picking with the best buds!  And, let me tell you this was a hard orchard to pick in because the trees are almost terraced into the land.  We were on top of a mountain and were hiking up and down the hills trying to get to the apples.  

I don't have any partial quilts to show you as I am working on Scrap Squad #5.  But, I haven't shown you #4 yet so I'll share it now.  You can see what I said about it on Quilty Pleasures.  I used Dream Green batting by Quilters Dream.  It was great to hand quilt but it doesn't drape as well as other batts.  It was great for this smaller wall hanging.  Here it is in the red bud tree.

How about a quilt on the solar panels?
Dream Green batting ... it is definitely green.  Think of all the soda bottles that are not in the landfills because of quilting! 
On to the weekly goals.


Week of October 15
Continue on Scrap Squad
Quilt Charity baby quilt and customer quilt
Plan a couple of days away finally made the reservation√
Attend Wine Festival – fun!

Week of October 22
Work on Scrap Squad #5
Draw Scrap Squad #6 in EQ
Take a few days off
Work on Sophia's sweater
Finish the small hexagon top
That's it for me today.  It's time to either make an apple cake or do a little sewing.  Decisions, decisions. And, don't forget to go to Patchwork Times to be able to visit design walls across the web. 
Happy Quilting All! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a good workout while picking apples. ;oD Were the apples good?

    SS #4 is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the apples you did pick were good ones.

    Beautiful wall hanging. It definitely says "Autumn".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.