I decided to try to embroider a Halloween t shirt for Sophie before I see her next week. And, I thought, I'll make one for Alexis, Sharon's grand daughter also. Then Pat donated a t shirt I could practice on... cause I know now not to try an embroidery without a practice. So here it is looking great as a practice piece. What you can't see is the hole in the shirt where a part of the shirt got caught in the embroidery. Lesson learned and definitely won't be forgotten.
On to Alexis's shirt. She's a size 4T so I thought I would go from big to little. Her little shirt came out great. Except, I had the embroidery upside down. (Sorry forgot to take a picture of that.) Another lesson learned. Hopefully never forgotten.
Next up Sophie's shirt. I couldn't get a white shirt in her size (2T) so I got a black one. By now, I'm pretty good at this embroidery thing for this particular design. Hers went on like a charm. While the machine was embroidering away I was ripping out Alexis's design. The second time on Alexis's shirt was a charm. Only issues with her shirt is the number of holes left in the space after I turned the design the right way. That and the hoop burn on all of the pieces. I'm hoping a bit of washing will take care of the impression. But, honestly, the girls are 2 and 3 they aren't going to mind.
I'm getting ready for the Country Piecemaker's retreat. Sharon is meeting me at it. Last year I got a lot done and I'm hoping to again this year. Of course, I'm way behind on getting everything organized.
One last note -- I was looking at my stash report from Monday. It looks like I've used 6 yards more than I've taken in for the year. Um, not really. I've brought in 6 yards more than I've used. Hopefully I won't go wild at Cottonwood tomorrow and I will get a few more things finished in October so I will get to the point of using more fabric than acquiring!
Happy Quilting All!