Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Design Wall Monday 11-05-2012

Not much I can show this week as I've been working on Scrap Squad #5. Hopefully it will move to the long arm soon. Here's what I can show you. 
Three blocks for Alycia's block drive. I hope to have 10 blocks to mail out to her at the end of this week.  Hey, I'm notorious for putting things off so I thought if I get them done a week early I can postpone the mailing by one day! I don't know why but I am having the hardest time following these directions.  I've got about 5 more tubes ready to cut apart and sew.  Hopefully they will go smoother today. 

I'm making more of these guys too.  I have some green print fabric that has the primary colors on it so I chose primary colors to do these pinwheels.  Then, I hope to use the green as a small border.  I've had the green so long... hum, 10 years plus.  It's time to let it go.  Of course, every time I pull fabric from it to use it up, it just doesn't seem right with the blocks.  Hopefully that won't happen again.  At least some of it I'll use  up in blocks.  I believe this block comes from Sew Simple Pinwheels which just happens to be on sale over at Connecting Threads. Do me a favor, wait until I buy the book before you guys grab this up.  Of course, I'm going to be looking for more stuff so I don't have to pay the shipping.  Hum, maybe some gray for Bonnie Hunter's new mystery.

Last week's goals.

Week of October 29
Put Zipper in Sophia's sweater
Finish SS#5 top worked on, not finished
Start SS #6
Finish pillow sham for blue and yellow
Finish the small hexagon top
It doesn't look like I did all that much but I did throw a charity quilt onto Ruthie and finish it. 
Week of November 5
Finish Sophia's sweater
Finish SS #5 top 
Prepare backing for SS#5
Load SS#5 on Ruthie
Finish blocks for Alycia's block drive
Make and write instructions for last 1800's bom
Start on SS #6

That's it from me.  Check out Patchwork Times to find inspiration across the internet. 
Happy Quilting. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.