Monday, May 13, 2013

Design Wall Monday 5-13-13

Although I got quite a bit done this week there aren't a lot of pictures to show.  And, it isn't that I'm working on secret things.  Just kept up with mostly the same things and some quilting on Ruthie. 

Here's my May offering of the Brown Bag event.  A reminder of what it is... those choosing to participate put block directions, fabric and a tool in to the Brown Bag.  Each month we take a different brown bag to make the block/s as requested by the owner.   Cindy put in some circle-making interfacing with directions to use it.  Then she asked it to be stitched down to the fabric.  Pretty easy way to make decent circles.  I used some bright colors although not every one did.  She did ask for the circles to be in a color family. Fast and easy! 



I did pretty well on my goals this week. 

Week of May 6, 2013
Finish and trim Jenny’s quilt
Print labels for Country Piecemakers
Mark, batt up and quilt challenge quilt
Quilt 1 of CP’s charity quilts
Quilt FCQ’s charity quilt Started
Make backing for Kitty Cat quilt I had an inspiration on the backing but no action.
Quilt my Kitty Cat charity quilt

Week of May 13, 2013
Finish quilting FCQ Charity Quilt
Make backing for Kitty Cat quilt
Load and quilt Kitty Cat quilt
Begin small quilt for swap
Figure out backing for CP charity quilt
Load and quilt CP Charity quilt
Work on strip charity quilt
Sew flannel block quilt together

I hope everyone had a special Mother's Day.  Kevin and Aimee sent me flowers which I was able to arrange in a vase.  And, in his call on Mother's Day, Kevin announced that he and Aimee were having a little girl.  We were sworn to secrecy about the pregnancy, the sex was new. (I admit, I didn't do a great job of being secret some of you might have been aware!)   So we'll have 3 darling grand daughters!  Can you imagine the fun shopping-fest we can go on together!  Or, maybe a fabric shopping trip!  



Don't forget to visit Patchwork Times for more wonderful Design Wall Mondays. 

Happy Quilting All! 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely flower arrangement. Granddaughters are wonderful;they wrap their grandfathers around their fingers and make wonderful shopping companions. At least my 2 do.

    Cool blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the circles blocks, what a great idea! Putting it on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The circle blocks are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the granddaughter!!! Love your circles! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.