Monday, September 15, 2014

Design Wall Monday 9-15-2014

Last week was really busy.  By Sunday afternoon all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and read a book.  Which I did! 

Ruthie continues to stitch out beautifully while being controlled by a computer. This first picture was my 3rd quilt -- a wheel chair quilt made by Jane.  You can see how nicely the parallel part of the pattern comes out.
I also quilted a lap quilt for Colleen W.  I really like this quilt and am thinking using a similar pattern next year.  She wanted light quilting.  This turned out amazing.  Well, except for the hour or so I spent trying to figure out how to place a particular row.  I had a little issue because about 2" at the bottom wasn't quilted at all.  Now, how did that happen?  It may have been when I did the sizing to begin with.  

Here's a close up of the quilting on this one. I think it was the same pattern as the charity quilt shown above.  
I was really behind last week so I didn't even post goals and how I did on the previous week's goals.  I thought I would get to it later in the week.  Nope, didn't happen.  I did hand write some goals just to keep focused. 
Except for the mystery quilt everything got done.  The mystery quilt is close to the top of the list this week. 

Week of September 15, 2014
Upload new pantograph patterns and try them
Make backing for mystery quilt to be given to church auction
Quilt mystery quilt
Bind mystery quilt
Finish paper pieced glasses from row x row
Finish table runner from guild
Plan quilting for sailboat quilt
Attend Womans Club and bring part of lunch
Knit on sock

I'm linking up with Patchwork Times today.  Enjoy your browsing around Design Walls.

Happy Quilting All!  



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you AND Ruthie are enjoying the additional computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you and Ruthie have been up to! Now with the computer does it size everything to the correct size for the quilt? My goodness that has got to be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Ruthie's quilting looks fantastic! I have been in the LQS when their machine was running by computer. I found it so fascinating! I was there so long, they may have asked me to leave ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.