Monday, October 20, 2014

Design Wall Monday 10-20-2014

I didn't get a whole lot of quilting done last week.  Yes, I finished the Carolina Christmas top which I showed here.  What I did do was figure out what I needed to do on Easy Street to move it along.  I have most of the units done.  I was able to do a little toward the last bit before I can start putting the bricks together.  Here's what all the bits look like: 
That polka dot part is a folder with all the directions in it. I'm hoping to get more of it worked on over the next few weeks.  But I've got a lot of quilts waiting to be put on Ruthie.  Hopefully I'll finish the sail boat quilt this week. 

Here's the sad tale of my goals. 
Week of October 13, 2014
Quilt sailboat quilt √ started but didn’t get far
Work on Easy Street √ a little was done
Put the last border on Carolina Christmas
Hang out with Kevin and Ellie while Aimee is traveling
Finish Grim Ripper nope, didn’t happen
Bind the sailboat quilt nope, didn’t happen either

And here's what I hope to do this week.  I've got a couple of all day events so I may not get lots of other things done.  

Week of October 20, 2014
Finish quilting sailboat quilt
Bind sailboat quilt
Spend a day embroidering with friends
Work on Easy Street, if there is time
Host Pillow Case day in the studio
Finish Grim Ripper?
Attend Ellie’s birthday party!

Driving home from staying with Ellie I saw great gas prices but didn't stop to fill the tank.  I was tickled to find the same prices at our local Sheetz.  Wow! Part of the benefit of living in Va is they have rather low gas tax so our prices are always better than DC and Maryland.  Can't speak about the rest of the nation. 

I'm linking up with Patchwork Times so go take a look at what's happening in studios this week. 

Happy Quilting All! 


5 comments:

  1. Wow- those gas prices are great! The polka dot folder would be lovely fabric. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen gas prices under $3 in ages. It is $3.66 here now.

    I hope you managed to escape e stomach bug that Ellie had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been unearthing old projects too. Isn't it fun! You'll have this top done in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with Easy Street. It's a good time of year to be finishing up older projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making great progress on your mystery quilts. Our gas is back under $3.00 again. It's been fluctuating up and down that $3.00 level for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.