Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday Meanderings 2 - 1 - 2016

Zoom -- there went January. On to February!  I finished 2 small quilts -- Saturday I shared the little wall hanging.  Later this week I'll share the table runner I finished last Friday.  Not the biggest finishes this month.  

Here's what is really on my design wall.  I had to shove around some of the little antique 9 patches to make enough room to get good photos of these two projects. 
First, the Seattle Sea Hawk blocks for Irma, a member of the FCQ EQuilters.  She asked us to make these as she plans to make a quilt for a friend who is a big Sea Hawks fan.  I hope to get 10 made and sent by the end of February.  I cut two more blocks last night. 
This is the block for the next charity challenge quilt from fabrics given to me by the Maryland guild.  Remember this quilt? I had saved more masculine fabrics to do another quilt.  This is the pattern.  I'm mixing in quite a few of my own fabrics to get a more masculine feel.  The blue and the cream will be the same in all the blocks. What I'm just thinking -- could I actually cut the blue as a square? Probably not based on the way it is constructed.  Oh well.   Now to just find time (and room) to cut out the fabrics.  Here's why I say this: 
The disaster of the cutting table.  The box has been emptied and some contents thrown away or recycled.  Maybe if I actually cut out the above quilt I would have less scattered across this table.  You can see some lime green for the Sea Hawks blocks too.  

Perhaps I should include cleaning off the cutting table in the goals for the week! 
January 25, 2016
Quilt Two Customer Quilts √ one done, the other started.
Finish quilting patriotic table runner
Finish 2nd little antique 9 patch quilt√ need borders still
Finish patriotic table runner (bind)

Finish quilting and binding OMG top

And coming up this week... 
February 1, 2016
Finish quilting 2 customer quilts (one from last week and a new one.)
Put borders on two antique 9 patches
Pick the next OMG
Quilt one of my quilts
Clean off cutting table
Cut out next charity challenge quilt

Just as a side note check out this post of Sarah's from Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  She's showing a different 9 patch quilt every Sunday for 6 weeks as part of her Nifty Nines Quilt Along.  I love this one and need to figure out when I can make it.  I have a lot of 2.5" squares already cut -- all I would have to do is cut a background fabric.  It is a great way to use up all those squares I keep cutting.  

That's it from me.  I'm linking up with Monday Makings at Love Laugh Quilt and Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts.  

Happy Quilting All!  

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a LOT in the works! I like the masculine blocks you're making. Is there an online link to the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Seattle Seahawks blocks. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bwaaaahahahaha... looks like my space. What in the world will we do with all this fabric? Where's it gonna live? I push it around and around the studio. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Seattle Seahawks blocks are beautiful. I'm not a fan, but they sure have nice team colors. Good luck with all your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in your Seahawks blocks are some of my favorites to work with - love them. You have a lot planned for this week, good luck in your sewing room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Sea Hawk blocks are beautiful I really admire the neatness.
    http://sewpreetiquils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.