Monday, March 21, 2016

Monday Meanderings 3 - 21 - 2016

I don't have much to show from the at home retreat last Thursday through Sunday.  I was doing all sorts of other things -- like chatting and chauffeuring and really having a lot of fun! Here's what I did get a bit done on.  This is my "boy" charity quilt made from some of my fabrics and some of the challenge fabrics from FCQ guild in Maryland.  I laid them out this afternoon to take a picture.  This may not be the last arrangement but I do like it. 

Thank you MaryBeth for coming up with a faster way to make it.  Right now the background blue is 3 pieces of fabric.  She suggested I pieced the whole thing a bit differently and I have changed the three piece blue to one piece.  I think that one orange on the top row may be a bit too bright.  I plan to keep making blocks until I either run out of the beige squares or it gets really big.  I'm pretty sure I'll run out of the beige first.  Hopefully, this will become a rectangle quilt, not square.  Time will tell. 

I did really well on my goals this week because much of the items were done before Thursday and the start of the retreat. 

March 14, 2016
Sew OMG quilt to top stage
Finish quilting antique quilt
Enjoy at home retreat
Keep working on the Slide Show quilt√ not much done.
Keep working on the “boy” challenge quilt
Prep two more quilts for FCQ show√ just one

Here's what I'm going to try to get done this week.  Lots of stuff going on around here so hopefully I'll be pretty successful! We'll see. 

March 21, 2016
Work on Slide Show quilt
Make more “boy” blocks
Plan/make backing for OMG
Cut appliques for OMG quilt and apply
Border little 9 patch quilt

Check out my sewing machine needle carefully. Do you see that big fluff ball of lint right in front of the needle?  I was surprised to see it come up when I was sewing away.  Have you oiled and cleaned your machine recently?  I actually had cleaned the bobbin and race a few weeks ago.  I don't think I cleaned under the plate and boom! I had a giant fuzz ball.  Needless to say I did a total clean up and oiling before I started sewing again.  I had used half a large spool of cotton thread so it was time for a thorough clean. And, I changed the needle too.  I'm all set for some heavy sewing over the next few weeks.  Take the time now to clean your machine.

I'm late getting this posted today but I'll be linking up with Monday Making and Main Crush Monday.  I will be sharing quilt tops that Sharon, Nancy and MaryBeth made at our retreat sometime this week. 

Happy Quilting All! 





1 comment:

  1. I had a similar fuzz ball on Sunday, and immediately cleaned under the plate and bobbin area. All is clean and oiled and running smoothly now.

    I like how the blocks look together. Personally, I like the orange in with this mixture of fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.