Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday Meanderings 3 - 7 - 2016

For several days this week I had the pedal to the floor working on quilts.  I am making some progress on my OMG project.  After cutting several strips the wrong size I found more fabric and cut new strips and sewed half blocks.  I will decide after I finish the units how I want to sew them together.  I'm thinking of finding an appliqué of some sort to go on this quilt to jazz it up a bit.  We'll see if I do that or not. 


My "boy" charity quilt is also coming along well. (It's on the top and right of the OMG blocks.)   This block takes thinking on my part to get it sewn together correctly.  I try to keep one block always ready to sew as the ender of the other projects I'm working on.  I have 9 blocks done.  I plan to continue to make blocks until I run out of the beige fabric I'm using for the four squares.  

I've moved ahead on the Slide Show quilt.  The dog photos have been ordered and shipped.  I'm waiting for them to arrive.  Although there is a lot of strip sewing for this quilt it isn't particularly hard.  I'll keep sewing those strips together until I have all the sub units I need.  

I won't be starting anything new in the studio until I've finished these three tops.  I may pull out a quilt or two from my "to be quilted" pile.  I have several smaller size quilts I could get finished fairly easily. 


I did fabulously well on my goals last week.  By mid week I had either finished everything on the list or I had moved projects forward.  


February 28, 2016
Put border on antique quilt
Start “Slide Show” dog quilt
Order pictures for Slide Show
Work on next OMG quilt
Continue to work on “boy” challenge quilt
Send out info on my FCQ Equilter Block on 3/1

And this week I'll be working on these goals. 
March 7, 2016
Quilt 2 charity quilts
Finish the 5 strip pieces for Slide Show
Continue to work on “boy” challenge quilt
Continue to work on OMG quilt
Prep backing for antique quilt
Quilt Antique quilt 

Today I'm linking up with Monday Making and Main Crush Monday.  Check out what people are working on across the Internet.

Happy Quilting All! 

5 comments:

  1. Great job on checking things off of your goal list. The "boy quilt" blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two quilts sharing the design wall are so very different! I love the "boy" quilt blocks, but they look much harder to produce than the pink/purple blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I have quilt planned using those same blocks, the pink/purple ones! Hope to get to it sooner rather than later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing more frustrating for me than to cut pieces the wrong size and have to re-cut. You are making good progress on your projects - have fun! Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made good progress on multiple projects. Hope this week is just as successful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.