Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Meandering 7 - 25 - 2016

I am plugging away on my Lily piece.  See this post to see the beginning.  Today I am batting it up -- that means laying the backing flat on the cutting table, taping it down, adding batting, then the top followed by pinning the whole thing together.  I don't do that often since I bought the long arm but this is just too small.  We'll see how well I do with the hand guided stitching!


The best part of the stitching is I am going to be using some luscious threads Sharon sent me when she lived in England.  The two on the left are what she sent. I'll be using the middle one, I think.  The one on the right I picked up to use on Ruthie but haven't used it much.  I'm rethinking that color -- I might use a lighter color to define the leaves a little bit.  For the first time they actually look like lily pads to me.  Generally they don't look like the right shape.  Hum.  Must be the angle.  


I did get a little bit done on my very small goals list this week.  I've spent too much time playing games on the computer, reading novels and blogs.  (And, no, I haven't been playing Pokemon Go.) I love Words with Friends, solitaire and have just started doing crossword puzzles again.  I've really enjoyed getting back to reading blogs too.  The down side of that is I have a gazillion new quilting ideas I would like to try.  Sigh. 

July 18, 2016
Put borders on my lily piece from class
Get top of cutting table set up with rulers, trash baskets, scissors and cutters. (Where are all of my cutters???) I still haven’t found my other rotary cutters nor my good scissors.  Sigh
Continue piecing R, W & Blue quilt I didn't even take this out... 

And for this week: 

July 25, 2016
Quilt and bind the lily piece
Continue piecing R, W & Blue quilt.
Have a good time shopping and lunching with Kay, Dorothy and Janet
Stay COOL! (It's suppose to hit 100˚ today. It's 99˚ now. Who knows what the "feels like" temp is.)

That's it for me today.  I'll be linking up with Monday Making and Main Crush Monday.  Take some time to visit these sites.  It's a great way to see what folks are working on and get new ideas.  And while you're at it drop a note to some so they know people read their blogs!  

Stay Cool and Happy Quilting! 

3 comments:

  1. I have the same distractions, and Words with Friends is a game I play often with my sister and knitting buddy, Cheryl.

    Good choice of thread. The piece is going to look fabulous when it's quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, it's a bit hotter than the UK then? Good luck with the quilting, reminds me of Monet.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must be refilling your well of inspiration... that's okay. It's as important as the making, although that lily pad is gorgeous. The threads are inspirational in themselves. The colors! Are they Oliver Twist? I collect O.T. threads as nothing compares to their impact.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.