Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday Meandering 8 - 8 - 2016


For those of you who have been reading along for the last several weeks... guess what I found?  Yep, three pairs of scissors.  As happy as I am to have some full size, decent scissors, I am left wondering where my Ginghers are. The pair on the left are from WWII -- medical scissors, dull so they didn't shine or reflect light.  They've been sharpened many times, but the last time the screw couldn't be tightened and to keep them working the screw was pounded a bit.  That was at least 8 years ago and they still work pretty well.  Now the question is where are the rotary cutters?  

My new sewing studio doesn't have great lighting so the pictures I took last evening didn't come out well at all.  Those will be trashed. But I can tell you I am half done with my OMG for this month.  So, moving right along to my goals. 

August 1, 2016
Begin to piece secret project “B”
Unpack a couple of more boxes and put things away or stash them in the “staging” shelves
Continue to sew R, W, and B project into rows
Work on a block from Christmas Favorites

Not bad -- I got work done on every project listed.  It may be slow but it is definitely steady. 

August 8, 2016
Continue on the RWB project
Make 4 more blocks for secret project “B”
Finish “Believe” block from Christmas Favorite
Work on the “Online Friends” piece

That's it from me.  I'm linking with Monday Makings and Main Crush Monday.  Come join me as I see what other folks are doing these days! 

Happy Quilting All! 

4 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me that you can function after a big move like that. You go, girl! But take a break for some iced tea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me years to find all of my sewing supplies after our last move (it didn't help that the packers stuck my sewing stuff in random boxes with other stuff). Hope your rotary cutters show up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck looking for your rotary cutters! I like the photo of your scissors and at least you have something to cut with in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unpacking after a move is like having a scavenger hunt. Glad that you found your scissors, and I bet your rotary cutter will appear the day AFTER you need it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.