Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday Meanderings 8 - 29 - 2016

I have a finish.  Ok, it's a small finish but it is done!  It's not a UFO anymore.  Now I need to decide how I can hang my little quilts.  The only sad part of this finish is it wasn't on my UFO list so I can't cross it off.  This design is #595 from Bloomin' Minds.  They have a lot of very clever little quilts.  It won't make much of a dent in my stash but at least I can enjoy seeing it on my wall.  (well, soon...) 
No more pictures of quilty stuff today.  I did get much of my fabric loaded onto my new shelves.  Some of my books are now on a shelf but I need to move them around a bit.  At this point I'm just stashing them on the shelf. I've still got a lot to do to get the shelves filled up. 

I've made more progress on the RWB quilt and hope to have it off the design wall by the end of the week. (Note to self, quit goofing off and head to the studio earlier each day!) 

August 22, 2016
Quilt Jenny’s Heart Quilt for Pulse
Finish the “Online Friends” piece
Begin Shadow Box Mini Quilt for quilt along 
Start filling my new shelves
Enjoy Sophia and Natalie visiting us

And I hope to continue to get everything done on my list this week! 

August 29, 2016
Finish sewing rows of RWB together
Put books away on shelves
Begin sewing another block for Christmas Favorites
Work on Shadow Box Mini Quilt for quilt along
Work on Alaska Blocks (pulling out a new UFO!) 

Do you enjoy making mini quilts?  Take a look at the Shadow Box Mini Quilt Along.  It is really easy to make and should be a great leader/ender project.  I've made a sample block and am ready to cut the whole quilt and get it sewn.  Sign up at Color, Creating and Quilting to see what it is all about. You won't have much time but it really is a fast little quilt. 

That's it for me today.  I'm linking up with Monday Makings at Love, Laugh, Quilt and Main Crush Monday at A Place to Create and Share. (Oops, Monday Makings isn't up yet.  I'll add the link later. She's camping and the linky party isn't coming up. Check next Monday.)  When I'm finished posting this I plan to spend a bit of time cruising the internet to see what's new today.  
Sophie enjoying new markers and sporting her new NEON shorts and shirts. She starts first grade today.
Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

6 comments:

  1. Online Company is adorable - nice finish.

    I've made five minis from Temecula Quilts and enjoyed most of them. I should make more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini's are fun, and I love the whimsy of yours! I hang my small quilts using Command strips picture hangers. That way I don't have to add sleeves to the mini's, as I usually forget to sew on the triangle hangers before doing the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Bonnie. I can't believe how big Sophie is. Seems like she was born just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie is clearly an artist in the making :*). And how clever is the little wall-hanging? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have you join us on the Shadow Block Mini hop. I can't wait to see what you have come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.