Wednesday, September 28, 2016

OMG! September Woot! Woot!

I have completed my September OMG and with a few days to spare.  My goal was to make two more blocks from Christmas Favorites.  I took my Featherweight and my project box with me up to Ellie's house and was able to make one while Ellie was at preschool.  The next day I cut out the second block that I finished when I got home. 




Since I cut some of these pieces out and then moved them I knew I had to keep organized.  So, for the presents all of the colors pieces were clipped together with Wonder Clips. (Boy do I use these a lot.) 


The background fabrics got little stickers on them indicating what letter they were on the pattern diagram. Some got sizes, some got the number of the pieces. There was no rhyme or reason to my stickers except they all had their correct letter on them.  And, because I try hard to use things up the stickers were what was left after I used up addresses labels run through my printer.  It's the Californian in me to reduce, reuse and recycle!

It's a no brainer for me to choose my next One Monthly Goal.  I'm going to try to get the last three blocks done in October.  True confession time now.  The last three blocks will be machine appliquéd.  Two of the blocks are all ready to sew down.  The third one is traced ready to be ironed on once the background block is made.  These three are going with me to retreat in hopes of being finished there.  I'm guessing that will get done because I'm not planning on bringing a lot of other projects. 
I was so surprised to find this plant in bloom within a few weeks of moving into our new house.  The window gets afternoon sun.  I've owned the plant for a long time (probably 20+ years.)  It used to bloom but really hadn't in 10 years or so.  Needless to say I was surprised and delighted it decided to bloom again.  I'm guessing the Christmas cactus will be in beautiful bloom sometime in the next few months.  

I'm linking up with Red Letter Quilts, Midweek Makers, Let's Bee Social, and Thursday morning I'll link up with Needle and Thread Thursday. It's a lot of fun to look around to see what other quilters are working on.  

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 





10 comments:

  1. The plant is happy! Bloom where you're planted I guess. The blocks are so fresh!LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lonely bloom on your plant: it is comfortable in its new surroundings. I hope you're comfortable, too.

    Good job on the OMG for September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks. Well done for meeting your goal. That Peace Lily looks very happy in that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a little mild fertilizer is in store for your pretty plant after it is finished blooming?
    Your Christmas project is very pretty but I'd say that those are more rows than blocks. Love the present blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a block finish - so hard to keep up with these things sometimes. Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas blocks! Sounds like you've been getting your projects lined out of the retreat. Congrats on meeting your OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your OMG finish. Success feels so good doesn't it. I think our Calla Lily is very happy in it's new home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on meeting your OMG! I agree with you - it's fun to see what other's are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cute cute! I like your strategy for retreat; the opposite of what I did when I attended my first sew-in last month. I certainly had plenty to choose from, I must have thought 8hrs away would magically be ten times as productive as my own studio. Good Luck with October, I am looking forward to your applique blocks too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.