Thursday, December 1, 2016

December Goal -- OMG

Welcome December.  Except our weather is more like autumn.  We've been getting some rain that will help the plants and lawn.  It's suppose to turn colder -- not as bad as January but more seasonal temperatures this weekend.  

My One Monthly Goal for December is to make the backing, quilt and bind Christmas Favorites.  Hopefully early enough so I can hang it in the entry way too.   For the last few weeks I've listed sew the backing together and it still isn't done.  MUST get going on that.  Here's the fabric: 
The issue is I'm using one piece (the scenic piece) and I need to add enough to make it the right size.  I found this red which will work pretty well.  (And it'll be on the front too.) I had to go back and find more fabric so I had enough for the backing.  But, what was I thinking -- that red was 12.95 a yard or so!  For. The. Back.? Too late now it will be the back and a 3 D poinsettia flower. I've got an idea in my head of how to get this done.  We'll see if it works. 

Then it will be on to quilting (custom -- er, not my favorite but an edge to edge would be -- blah.)  Then binding.  I don't remember if I have a piece for binding or not.  I think I do.  So the path to a successful OMG for December is laid out for me.  Now to just get it done.  It doesn't help that a nasty cold has struck.  Hopefully it's almost run its course.  

Here's another little project I could be working on -- 


I bought this Espresso Ornament Kit made by Happy Hollow Designs up in Tecumseh, Michigan in 2015.  We traveled north to attend Pat's niece's ordination and we did a lot of Row x Row shopping up and back.  I though this was pretty cute.  It also has "lights" to wrap around his antlers.  This is ready to start sewing but so far I haven't done more than lay it out.  It could get done this year, but I'm not holding my breath! 

My cold is putting a damper on my singing this weekend.  I doubt I'll actually sing although I may go and listen.  Or stay home and sleep.  Who knows.  I might be lucky and I'll feel well enough to sing by Sunday afternoon.  Time will tell.

I'm linking up to Elm Street Quilts for the December OMG and Needle and Thread       Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation. 

I'm off to take a nap.  I seem to be falling asleep at the keyboard.  

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 
SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. Naps and lots of hot tea should give your cold the boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon. Colds are absolutely no fun at all. Good luck with your December goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The busy Christmas print is great! My favorite Christmas reds and greens are the Cranston VIPs from the 80s and 90s. Nice, clear colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scenic Christmas print you're using. Hopefully you'll feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.