Thursday, January 19, 2017

2016 Year-End Stashbusting Statistics

For many years I've recorded fabric that comes in and goes out of my stash.  This year my tracking was hit or miss.  Ok, so I tried but can't guarantee I've recorded every thing coming in or going out.  It is what it is. The last time I reported was in mid November for July.  Now I realize how bad a year it was for using stash.   So first up are the stats since July. (Hey, I was really behind!) 

2016
Fabric In Month
Fabric in Year
Fabric Out Month
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out Year
Aug
 4.125
 67.00
 0.5
 33.00
-34.00
Sept
12.625
 79.875
 0.75
 34.375
-45.50
Oct
  0.0
 79.875
 5.75
 40.125
-39.75
Nov
  3.50
 83.375
 4.00
 44.125
-39.25
Dec
  0.0
 83.375
11.25
 55.375
-28.00












Pretty pitiful fabric usage. I was working on things during these months but not very much was finished and what was finished were small pieces.  One way I motivate myself to actually finish an item is it has to be done completely before I count the fabric as being used.  I'm not doing so well with labeling my quilts recently but at least the bindings are done. That said, here's what last year looked like overall and how it compares to previous years. 


Year
Fabric In
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out Year
2010
  65.00
70.250
  13.000
2011
186.5
72.00
114.500
2012
113.545
108.970
    4.575
2013
100.71
103.015
    2.305
2014
108.25
  79.75
  28.500
2015
 66.205
 77.150
  10.945
2016
 83.375
55.375
  28.00















This is the lowest I've ever been on fabric going out.  Coming in could have been a lot worse so overall I'm not too upset.  Finishing Christmas Favorites was really helpful to my overall stats.  I'm going to try to keep up better this year.  I blame my neglect on the move...too much needed to be done. Watch out folks -- I have a large number of quilt tops ready to be quilted so I may have a mega "out" year.  Don't I wish! 

Here's a shot of one of my projects given at Christmas.  My daughter-in-law had asked if I could get or make an apron for her that she could use in the lab.  (Um, did I happen to mention she works in the ballistics lab for the FBI? Yea, she does.  When there are big shootings she and/or some of her colleagues might be called on to process the crime scene.) 



I got the design from Urban Threads. You can see the design better there.  It's called Baroque Punk Revolvers.  I tend to call it guns and roses.  Aimee LOVED it! She likes the design, the pockets and the dark color which will hide the dirt and grease that get on her clothes when she is working.  I also gave her a bottle of Grandma's Secret Spot Remover to help with the dirt. I have always had really good luck with this product. I'll let you know if Aimee has good results getting gun grease out of clothing. 

That's it for me today.  I'm linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday. Hope you can spend some time checking out all the wonderful blogs quilters are posting. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. You'd feel better about the stash if you didn't track it. 😉

    Love the photo of your DIL in her work apron! Her job must be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was your worst year, but it wasn't a really, really bad year. Hopefully this year will be much, much better. Your DIL has a very interesting job, and probably a sad one sometimes. The apron looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I am pleased you've come to visit. I hope you will leave a comment.