Friday, February 24, 2017

A FINISH!

I finished this little baby quilt just in time to pass it off to Dorothy at the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival.  It will be going to St. Francis Hospital's NICU to be given to a baby when released to go home.  Ok, that sounds a bit odd -- Mom and Dad get the quilt for baby! 

I made this quilt to try one of the dies in my Accuquilt Go 9" Qube. It was easy and fast to do.  I would like to try some of the more complicated blocks available but I'm trying to not start too many projects.  (I will admit a Plus quilt is coming sometime soon though.) I used red thread top and bottom (So Fine, don't have the number with me right now) and Yarn Tangle design (from Apricot Moon.)

I wanted to use up some of the left over fabrics on the back but the truth of the matter is I had a hunk of the red print fabric and then dribs and dabs of the rest.  I purchased some orange fabric that was the same color as one of the cars.  So I made the back... Hum, as I look at the picture I realize I probably could have done a little better job at centering the quilt on the fabric.  You should be able to enlarge the picture to see that there are little dinosaurs driving "egg" cars.  I tend to make either gender neutral or little boy quilts for the NICU.  Our contact mentioned there are usually more boys in the NICU than girls.  So I focus more on the boy quilts.  Although I know plenty of little girls who would love this quilt with the dinos! 

That's it for today.  I'm linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday, Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop, and Finished or Not Friday.  Take a look at what's happening all over the internet, well at least some of the quilter's version of what's happening all over the internet. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely little quilt! The block may not be complicated, but the quilt turned out spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent finish, and I love the solution you came up with for the backing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute quilt, and for such a great cause! Love the dinos driving cars.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia at Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cute and fun finish. Congrats on getting it finished in time for the hand off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.