Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Meanderings 2 - 6 - 2017



Not much of what I did this past week made it to a photograph.  Some I'm saving until the project is quilted and bound to show off.  But here's what the little pinwheel quilt looks like. I opted for the small green border.  Unfortunately it is now at 40" and the red print is only about 41" wide.  UGH.  I have another blue and white pinwheel which I'm going to try to put on the back but I haven't decided how I'll do that yet and make it a little wider. 


Here's what the fabrics for the backing looks like so far.  Yea, I haven't really gotten very far.  I always need about 10" more length  to attach the quilt to the long arm. 



I'd really like to get this one completed before Thursday so I can take it to Janet then.  I'm going to a sewing day with my friends in Powhatan.  We are making a big tote bag. (Think big enough to hold a queen-sized quit.)  If it isn't done before then I'm not sure when I'll be back down and be able to give it to her.  

I did fairly well on my goals this week.  Even though I could check off nearly all of them, sometimes it was for a small amount of work.  But I did clean off the cutting table that was a goal way too many times in January.  So I feel good about that! 

January 30, 2017
Knit on sweater
Put more crafting/quilting items away in the closet
Finish the R,W,B Orphan Block quilt top
Finish the pinwheel quilt top
Work on next OMG quilt nothing done really…
Finish Stacy's small 9 patch quilt I moved it from one place to another... that's it. 

February 6, 2017
Knit on sweater (I'm on the last sleeve before starting to put it together!) 
Cut out bag pieces and begin to make it
Cut sashing pieces for 16 patch/OMG and sew some of it together 
Embroider Valentine’s Day shirts for the grands
Quilt and bind pinwheel quilt

Not a long list but most of it needs to be done before Wednesday or Thursday.  I'm hoping to get the grands' shirts in the mail Wednesday morning.  Time will tell. 

I'm linking up with the regular Monday linky parties, Monday Making and Main Crush Monday.  It's a lot of fun to check out what other folks are doing in their studios.  What are you up to this week? 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. You did well on last week's goals. To lengthen the backing, you could add a strip of four patches or simply blocks of fabric and the extra pinwheel block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick a complementary or a contrasting print, whack off the length you need, and sew it to the larger piece. You could elaborate and make a "zipper" back (sew a strip of squares (or rectangles) alternating fabric a and fabric b; sew the strip between the two pieces of fabric) but for a quick donation quilt I'd opt to git 'er done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinwheel quilt is so cute. Love that bright green. Good luck with your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you managed to finish the lovely little pinwheel quilt in time for your sewing day. It's always lovely to sew with friends. I do admire you making lists, I always think I should and never quite get around to it, then I get pulled away to something else and quite forget what I was supposed to be doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.