MaryBeth asked to bring her TAPS quilt down so she could quilt it on Ruthie. Of course she could after I got mine done! Unfortunately Ruthie was giving us a little grief -- the upper thread was shredding. After several investigations I figured out I needed a new spindle/guide. I need to remember to order one soon although I was able to use a lower guide successfully.
Here's MB's finished quilt. (Hum, I'm still playing with a new light to provide better lighted pictures -- it kind of looks like the left white stars aren't white.... believe me they are all bright white!)
Here's my TAPS quilt, finished on Ruthie before MB's. I didn't have too much in the way of thread shredding even though I used the same thread. I got the first side of the binding on and Sharon is going to sew the back side down at home. That's why the binding looks a little wonky. (Thanks Sharon!)
Goals were missed this last week -- not all but several. But I did come down with another cold that wiped me out a bit. I did succeed on a few things.
March 6, 2017
Quilt and bind boxed squares √
Continue repair of afghan didn’t work on it
Work on Tangram blocks √
Make red RSC blocks did get some red fabric out for these but nothing even cut!
Enjoy In House Retreat √√
And this week --
March 13, 2017
Continue repair of afghan
Begin sashing the "A Tisket, A Tasket" Blocks
Make a block or two for the stripe challenge blocks
Figure out something to do with the Tangram blocks
Continue working on zippered bags
Yep, I'm taking it easy for the week. Part of that is I don't know what I want to work on next. And, if I actually do the first four things I will be really tickled to finish them!
That's it for now. I'm linking up with the regular linky parties: Monday Making, Moving It Forward Monday and Main Crush Monday (although it isn't up yet so I may remember to try again later or not...sorry!)
Happy Quilting All! Bonnie