Saturday, April 29, 2017

April OMG Finish√√

Yes, I am sneaking in just under the wire on the OMG finish for April.  Check here to see where I was at the beginning of April. My goal as stated was "finishing the blocks and putting them together for my stack N whack quilt."  Um, I may have gotten carried away.  As I remembered the goal I needed to make 6 blocks, put them together and put on whatever borders I decided.   Hum, that isn't exactly what it says though.  Oh well more is good. 

Here's my process after I finished all 9 blocks.  And, yes, it really helped that all the pieces had been cut out in advance.  Blocks were sewn together by Thursday afternoon, yes, just a few days ago.  A friend said I had to include the original fabric in the borders so folks can see what I started with.  It is various colors of grapes with some leaves and vines. I liked the first border of the magenta -- it seems to frame the blocks nicely. 



I'm really happy with the various designs I got in each of my blocks. This really is a fun quilt to make as you never really know what the finished blocks will look like.  


And, now the final picture of the finished top.  I had an epiphany of sorts as I was finishing the top.  We moved into an "active seniors" neighborhood in June and we certainly don't have very much property.  Translate that to not too many decent places to take pictures of my quilts.  I have my studio in our walk out basement.  Hum, I can clean the wrought iron railings and use some clips to hold the quilt... Yes, it worked very nicely despite the breeze and a little shadowing.  
You might notice the rows of houses behind the quilt.  We are very close to our neighbors.  On the other hand, Pat can mow the yard in about 30 minutes compared to 4 hours + in Powhatan.  We've met many of the people who live close by and really enjoy living here.  The tree sticking up behind the quilt is a Korean dogwood that was planted in December. We're happy to see it is leafing out beautifully.  

That's it for me today.  I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts OMG April Finish linky party.  Stop by to see whose made their goal this month. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

11 comments:

  1. I love this quilt. Beautiful coordinated colours. Your new house looks good. Definitely much much bigger than where I live. LOL.
    By the way, is stack and whack the same as one block wonder? I wonder??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Stack and Whack is beautiful! I love the combination of colors too. Congrats on a fantastic quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I've always loved Stack 'n Whack blocks because they remind me of the kaleidoscope I played with when I was much younger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Stack and Whack quilt. Congrats for hit your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is amazing that the original border fabrics can make those lovely kaleidoscope patterns. Your quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You never fail to inspire me Bonnie. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on meeting your April OMG goal! The magenta frame is perfect. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I like making smaller quilts too...instant gratification! Love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.