Thursday, July 20, 2017

OOOPS

I started a new quilt on Tuesday.  Do you read Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict?  She is running a 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop.  In addition she is offering a quilt along to make a Trip Around the World quilt.  It only takes 10" of fabric -- well times 16 fabrics.  Several days in I decided I could probably come up with some fabric for this.
Next thing I know I have 18 fabrics out.  I eliminate two and I'm cranking out 2 1/2" strips on my Go Cutter before I really think about what I'm doing. (And if you believe that whopper I have a bridge I can sell you too!)  I used 5 Christmas fabrics and filled in with light, medium and dark fabrics to get to 16. I started sewing the first strip set.  It's going to be a little longer than I thought to catch up.  Plus I still want to get my weekly goals accomplished.  So this strip set may not see its other 3 mates for a bit.  I'll keep you posted.  Here's what it looks like minus the three lightest fabrics shown on the left above. (And the strip on the far right is showing the wrong side as it is pinned, ready to sew.) 
It's time to get to the studio or I won't get anything done today! I'm linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? on Friday if it becomes available.  It's on the same blog as the Christmas in July event. I'll be taking some time later today to do a little blog hopping to see what's going on. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie   

7 comments:

  1. Oh you brave woman, are you aiming to finish your top by the end of the hop? Nice fabrics, good range of colours and shades there, I will look forwards to seeing the finished quilt nest week. Now, where is this bridge you are selling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you jump into a new project, (did you jump off of the bridge you're selling?) you really jump! The fabrics are beautiful, a nice selection. I have a bunch of Christmas fabric, but I'll pass on this QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors Bonnie. I'll be working on mine from Norma's class soon, I HOPE!! I'm putting my sewing machine up tonight, but took a break from organizing to surf a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to start this one too. I have been wanting to do a trip around the world for a very long time. Love your fabric picks and I'll be watching to see how yours comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased to know that I am not the only person that takes off on tangents....... That will be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't use the fabric if you don't start a few new things. Love your fabric choices for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabrics! And you are further along than me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.