First up is progress on Scrappy Gridlock. The diagonal rows are sewn. I'm in the process of adding white setting triangles. The yellow and turquoise are thoughts on a border. Yellow would be about an inch while the turquoise -- maybe 3". A lot depends on how much fabric I have. Beth was over Tuesday morning and we dragged out all sorts of different colors to audition the borders. We liked this combo the best. But, I'm planning on having the inside sewn together by this coming Tuesday and we'll be auditioning fabric again. This quilt is coming from the stash. I'm really hoping to finish the top and get it quilted this month. Time will tell.
The Scrappy Gridlock pattern is available for sale on Marge Gordon's Delaware Quilts Patterns page. Marge uses her patterns to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. For a long time she ran a Mysteries for Relay group and held retreats. She is no longer doing those, but these patterns remain for sale on her site. I changed up the pattern just a little by putting setting triangles in white instead of scrappy triangles.
Next up is my flowers wall hanging. You remember it -- the one that I put away so carefully I couldn't find it for a few weeks! I got the flower stems on and added the last border. The funny green things pinned around the quilt are little wonky squares that get appliquéd down. I'm trying to get the colors sorted so I can actually do some zigzagging or buttonhole or however I decide to do the finishing. Above it is one of the blocks that goes to my FCQ Equilter this month. Out of her fat quarter and my added fabrics I was able to get 3 12" fin. blocks. I still have some left and I'm thinking about whether I could make one more block! My design wall is chalk full of projects. I think I need to finish some so it isn't so crowded.
That's it for now. I'm linking up with MidWeek Makers, Needle and Thread Thursday, and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop. (Links will be added as available.)
Happy Quilting All! Bonnie