Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Meanderings 9 - 25 - 2017

Another finish! This baby quilt will go to the NICU at St. Francis Hospital in the Richmond area.  I'll give it to Janet at Country Piecemaker's retreat that starts Thursday.  Yea!  I love retreats.  

I used a new panto called Lava, designed by Hermione Agee. Thread was a light blue Omni by Superior Thread.  I like how it turned out. 


All of these pictures should enlarge if you click on them. 

This past week I was working away on my goals list with some good results. 
Sept 18, 2017
Make lotto blocks for retreat
Mail pillowcases
Wash, iron and put away new fabrics •almost done
Bind Streak of Lightening Quilt
Load Christmas Trip Around the World quilt√ loaded and started quilting!

And here's what I'm working on this week. 
Sept 25, 2017
Finish quilting Trip Around the World
Make and add binding to TAW
Piece 2 baby quilts
Finish snowman mini quilt
Finish reindeer ornament
Have a GREAT time at retreat!

One last thought:  How many projects do you take on quilting retreats?  I'm trying to decide whether to add one or not.  This is a 3 1/2 day retreat.  I usually try to work steadily on my projects without too much goofing off and/or breaks.  One of the baby quilts is really easy the other is a little more involved.  But, honestly, they are small quilts.  I guess I'll prep one more UFO and take it with me just in case. (One retreat I forgot both the directions and a needed piece of fabric.)  Ruthie is having a computer issue so I'm not sure I'll be able to finish quilting the TAW.  If it's done I'll be taking it to bind.  

I'm linking up to the regular suspects parties: Monday Making, Moving It Forward, Oh Scrap and Main Crush Monday (when available.) Take a look to see what folks are working on.  And, wow! The inspiration will have you adding quilt ideas to your to do list right and left! 

That's it from me today.  I'm off to do a little internet surfing. 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. When in doubt, I always take an additional project. If I don't get to it then, I'll have it ready to work on at home.

    I love this baby quilt - fun colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always take an extra project or two on a retreat. I have had an unexpected issue on a project occur so it is nice to have something else to work on. Thanks for linking up your lovely quilt with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been on a quilting retreat...it sounds marvelous! Cute baby quilt, and I really like the Lava panto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt! Have fun at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.