Sunday, July 15, 2018

Christmas In July Started!

And, it started without me.  So sorry gang.  Here's the scoop! 

The wonderful Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict started her blog hop yesterday.  First there are two great bloggers who are giving us some quilty ideas. Sarah has a tutorial for a great Christmas quilt.  But wait, change up the colors on the quilt and have a quilt for any time, season or reason you want.  I'll be spending some time today seeing if I can pull a quilt out of my stash.  I want to make a Christmas one to donate to my favorite singing ensemble to use as a fund raiser. Hum....

Yesterday's bloggers shared some great ideas.  Joy from Days Filled with Joy shared some small pouches.  I've actually made something like them to use as gift bags.  (Mine were a bit bigger. Because we recycle ours they are a great way of cutting down on the trash during present opening.)  Our other blogger is Selina from Selina Quilts.  She has a multitude of ways to use tumbler units.  I particularly like the wreath idea.  (OH NO -- I do not need to get new ideas of things to do!) 

Today we have two more bloggers sharing their brilliant ideas. Joanne from Everyone Deserves a Quilt has some great ideas of how to use quilts, fabric or blocks as pictures. Wowzer! I've always wondered how to display a quilt (or block or fabric) on a canvas.  Joanne has wonderful directions and it makes me want to try it.  Jan from the Colorful Fabricholic has the cutest Christmas Tree pot holders.  Or just make the tree blocks into a quilt. Lots of fun things going on.

Here's the whole schedule: 
Saturday, July 14th

Selina @ Selina Quilts

Sunday, July 15th


Monday, July 16th

Jamie @ L'Fair Quilts

Tuesday, July 17th

Sharon @ Vrooman's Quilts

Wednesday, July 18th

Marian @ Seams To Be Sew

Thursday, July 19th

Danice @ Homespun Hannah

Friday, July 20th


Saturday, July 21st


Sunday, July 22nd

Anja @ Anja Quilts
Moira @ Quilted Snail

Monday, July 23rd

->Bonnie @ In Stitches With Bonnie<- p="">

Tuesday, July 24th


Wednesday, July 25th

Brandy @ Pampered Pettit
I'm hustling off to get a quilt finished for a customer today and then I still need to finish my project.  It's not big but it is fun.  And, did I mention GIVEAWAYS?  Many of the participants are giving something away to one (sometimes more) happy readers.  I'm giving away a matched set of a see through fabric pouch and a collapsable thread catcher.  (Pictures will be shared eventually!) 

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap! Take a look at what is happening around the Internet.

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun projects. Good luck on getting your stitching stuff done today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog Hps are a great way to find new ideas and new blogs. I hope I remember to check these out each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.