Sunday, July 29, 2018

Monday Meandering 7 - 30 - 2018

Now, back to our regularly scheduled Monday post.  Thanks to every one who visited my blog last week as part of the Christmas in July blog hop.  I'm back to my regular Monday post, especially sharing my goals for the week and how well I did on my goals the week before. 

First up, I definitely moved forward all of my goals from last week.  No, I didn't post my goals last week but I still had a list and have been able to place a check after each item.  Here's one batch of blocks that is almost a quilt top.  I took this picture to see if I like the blue green stripe fabric for small borders. (I'm thinking maybe 3".)  This will be a donation quilt to a senior organization or nursing home. I've pretty much decided to use the striped green.  (You really can't tell here that it is a series of very fine stripes.)  Color is okay with most of the blocks. What do you think? And, what should I use for the binding.  I don't have any more of the dark brown.  I do have the darker teal between the center column of 9" blocks. Or should that be the border??? Never thought of that til now. 
I won these "lotto" blocks at least a year ago.  My entry did not get included because most of the blocks were browns, oranges, teals and beige.  Mine was a smaller version of the upper right corner -- purple and white stripes on a white background. Um, no -- definitely did not go with the rest.  I made 4 more blocks to go with the rest. 

A couple of weeks ago I went down to my Powhatan guild meeting to make angel ornaments.  My first one is done. Don't tell anyone but I'm making them for 2 of the grands for their annual Christmas ornament.  Not sure about what to make for the other 2 grands.  But isn't this one darling?



I decided she looked a little different hanging, as she will be on a Christmas tree.  I actually hung her from a loop on a cushion on my dining room chair.  Cute, cute, cute!  I've got 2 more to do.  I haven't decided if I want to make the next 2 in golds and another fabric or whether I want to find some cute Christmasy fabric.  I'm hoping I can make the wings look a bit smoother but it is what it is.  

I'm moving right on to my goals from last week.  

July 23, 2018
Finish one Angel Ornament
Work on 16 patch quilt 
Work on Stripe blocks
Work on the string borders for Jamestown Landing

July 30, 2018
Put borders on Stripe top
Keep making string borders for Jamestown Landing
Make 2 pillowcases
Pick OMG for August
Sew blocks and rows for 7 ½” squares within strips

I'm making great progress on the Jamestown Landing string borders.  If I can continue to work on these every week I should be able to get them done by the end of August.  (Hope springs eternal.  I find string blocks tres boring to do!) 

I'm back to linking up with my regular Linky parties: Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Main Crush Monday, and Moving It Forward.  (I'll add the links as a) they become available and b) when I remember to check them!)  Enjoy some browsing time to see what inspiration you can find! 

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. I think that border looks great with your lotto blocks. Good for you getting them out of the closet and into a quilt.

    Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angel ornament is a darling. I am sure that anyone who sees it will want one for themselves. You better set up an assembly line production for these little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The striped fabric is ideal for the border. I like it a lot better than the solid fabric. The angels are adorable. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those angel ornaments are so cute! I wonder how the wings would look if you top-stitched the edges? Maybe that will give it the look your looking for? They are so pretty as is though....the wings look soft. Thank you for sharing such beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.