Monday, December 31, 2018

Monday Meandering and OMG Finish 12 - 31 - 2019

The last post of 2018! 

And the best thing about this post is I've succeeded on my One Monthly Goal for December finish quilting Jamestown Landing.  Yeehaw! Here are the pics as I quilted my Jamestown Landing. I had finished the first two rows when I took this picture.  I used Melody, one of my favorite quilting designs. And, I have now named my turquoise version of Jamestown Landing "Sea Glass."  Thanks to Nancy at Wyoming Breezes for suggesting the quilt looked like sea glass.  

All the quilting is done and it's coming off the frame. 

Friday I made the binding and Saturday I stitched it on by machine. And, amazingly enough I also made and attached the label before I stitched the binding.   Sometimes the whole binding is sewn by machine but this time I'm hand stitching the second side.  About half is done and the last part will be done by the end of News Years Eve! I'm sure I will be successful.  I was tickled to find this cute binding fabric in my stash.  

Here's how I did with my goals, this last week of 2018. 
December 24, 2018
Finish Theo’s ornament
Quilt my Jamestown Landing
Watch a few grands if needed 
Work on black and white log cabin (UFO)
Make binding for Jamestown Landing

Now, what will I work on in 2019.  Well, here's what I'm planning on working on the first week! 

December 31, 2018
Finish sewing the binding on Sea Glass 
Continue making log cabin blocks
Start cutting out kits for the in house retreat
…. don’t know what else I’ll do but surely other stuff will get done
Sew the airplane friendship star blocks into at least one quilt top

I'm linking up with my normal Monday linky parties: Oh Scrap and Monday Making. I'll check to see if Main Crush Monday and Moving It Forward are posted too.  I'm adding What I Made Monday over at Pretty Piney. And, lest I forget, Elm Street Quilts December Finish blog!  

Happy New Year!  Bonnie 


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful quilt - the colors and quilting complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, hooray, hooray! Three cheers for a fine finish! I know how glad you are to check "done" for JL. The turquoise coloray is delicious. Happy 2019 to you and Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish! I love the colors in this one. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    Wishing you a wonderful 2019 Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Sea Glass quilt. It is truly beautiful. Good luck with your 2019 goals. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, it is so beautiful! I even love the thread color. Getting the right pattern with the right thread color is hard sometimes.

    Congratulations on achieving your goals. It sure feels good, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your Jamestown Landing came out!!! I'll be working on my Jamestown Landing, once my Gypsy Wife comes off the design wall that is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty finish. What great way to end one year and start another!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.