Friday, February 15, 2019

Stashbusting Report Jan & RSC Progress

Somehow I actually used more fabric than I brought in during January.  Part of it was a pillowcase I made late in the month.  It's not looking as good for February.  Plus the Mid Atlantic Quilt show is at the end of the month and there will be lots of wonderful fabrics available at the various vendors.  

2019
Fabric In Month
Fabric In Year
Fabric Out Month
Fabric Out Year
Total In or Out Year
Jan
1.5
1.5
5.125
3.625
3.625





Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

Next up is the upcoming Hands 2 Help 2019.  You can check out all the info about this year's Hands 2 Help by clicking on the button above or on my side bar. Sarah's got a great line up of charities across the country.  Do you have a quilt still looking for a home?  Then review Sarah's charities to see where your quilt will fit the best.  Or, how about planning and making a quilt for a specific charity.  

Sign ups with a chance for a prize starts 3/10 through 3/16.  You can click the link above or the one on the sidebar to take you to Sarah's H2H main page which includes the sign up form. 


I've finally taken some pictures of the various blocks I'm making for this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. First up Propeller Block (block instructions available here. Layout ideas are in the next post on that blog.) 

Next up is a block called Bright Blocks.  I used a 3.5" unfinished block. (9" finished block.) Although the original pattern I found used a 4.5" unfinished block. (12" finished block.) I'm making just one of each color.  I'll probably add another color so I can set this 3 x 4. Seems like a perfect baby quilt when done. 

 

And my last set of "blocks" comes from Stash Statement book by Kelly Young. You can check it out on Kelly's blog My Quilt Infatuation. Here's the quilt I plan on making on the left.  On the right some of my improv pieces.


I probably overdid the reds.  I'm still working on the yellows.  In the next few weeks I plan to buy a background fabric so I can actually make a row each month.  By the end of the year I'll have a finished quilt top.  I haven't decided if I'm going to make more than 1 row for each color.  Time will tell. 

I'm linking up with some parties today: Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop? and Scrap Happy Saturday.  (I'll link that up on Saturday.) 

That's it from me. I need to post this and then link to Whoop, Whoop before my battery dies.  14% left... can I do it?  

Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


6 comments:

  1. Love your RSC blocks. I've given up on stash management. Trying to stick to a fabric diet is as hard as sticking to a caloric diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The improv blocks and the quilt you intend to make are great. I like the the idea of making a row a month, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Kelly's book! Last year I made a set of placemats out of one of her patterns in it - and have always planned to make another of hers, too. I really like the one you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely quilts in Kelly's book and lots of cheerful YELLOW blocks in your sewing space!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly's book has a treasure of lovely designs for scrappy improv designs. I am sure you will enjoy it. If you think you overdid the reds, slash them in half or thirds, insert another sliver (orange or rust or yellow) to create insert and restitch. Ask me how I know :-D Seriously, I did that when I was making Fire Pit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.