It's been a busy week. I tried to get everything done on my goals list. And I added working on a challenge project. Plus, the Spotsylvanian's had a singing opportunity. More about that at the end. First the goals list.
7/27/26
✅Finish quilting fall appliqué quilt — machine work is done. Started hand quilting around the appliqués.
✅Bind Jane’s table runner — need to hand stitch the binding down
✅Bind Eiffel Tower Quilt — done.
✅Stitch on Snowman #2 — bunny body done, on to ears.
✅Finish beanie hat — done.
Wait! I forgot to take pictures of what I did this week except the last one. So here is a picture of the beanie hat I finished this week.
A friend gave me this yarn because she couldn't use it the way she wanted. This is the second child beanie I've made with it and I'll probably have enough for another hat. This one is going to my friend. She may have to hold onto it for a year or two but her grandson will grow into it. It's fun to knit with wild yarn.
Now on to this week's plan.
8/3/26
Sew down binding on table runner
Draw out plan for Idiom Challenge, stitch rain and puddles on background
Stitch ears of bunny on Snowman 2
Pick fabric for Marigold mystery
Start making 6” blocks for Aug UFO Challenge
Unfortunately there is a lot of hand sewing needed this week. I doubt I'll get it all done but I can make some progress.
I spent 15 minutes sewing every day this week. See below for the numbers.
Week ending 8/2/26: 214 days of 2026.
213 stitching days out of 214 days 99.5%
I also did something I've been putting off for way too long: figuring out my fabric use statistics. I don't think I've shared any for this year, although I thought I had.
Here's a stashbusting statement for the first 2 quarters of the year.
2026 | Yards in Quarter | Yards In Year | Yards Out Quarter | Yards Out Year | Total Yards In or Out Year |
Quarter 1 | 27.25 | 27.25 | 33.50 | 33.50 | 6.25 |
Quarter 2 | 16.625 | 43.875 | 19.20 | 52.750 | 8.875 |
One year I decided not to keep my stats on fabric usage. Then, I decided I missed knowing how I was doing. So this year I thought I would keep stats for each quarter instead of monthly. The drawback is it's usually a lot of items I have to keep track of and figure out. I thought I'd reported on the first quarter but I couldn't find anything in my posts. So here are both quarters. I need to get back in the habit of recording what is going out and coming in. Hopefully 3rd quarter stats will be easier to figure out.
That said, I am tickled that I didn't bring more fabric in then I used. The fact that I don't count fabric used until the quilt is done or in case of blocks going out of the house, until they are on their way wherever they belong. I have several tops waiting to be quilted and I have backing for them. Hopefully I'll get some of them done this quarter AND I don't go crazy buying fabric. (Or picking up too much from one of the free tables!)
Saturday the Spotsylvanians were invited to sing the Star Spangled Banner and another patriotic song for a young man who was receiving the keys to a new home that was built for him and his family. The house was built by Homes for Our Troops. Their mission says it all: "To build and donate specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post - 9/11 Veterans, to enable them to rebuild their lives."
It was an amazing morning. There were quite a few speeches given by community people many who had been in the military also. Surprisingly, I found most of the speeches interesting as well as educating me on the organization. It was well done although the temperature and the sun kept rising. The house was open so that anyone who wanted to could view it and its many adaptions. Unfortunately, we had somewhere else to be shortly after the end so we didn't view the house. If you are looking for a place to donate money that is well organized and well rated check this group out.
 |
| We had just finished our last song. It was a warm day but definitely worthwhile to support this great organization. (I'm second from the left. Just in case you want to put a face with the name!) |
Take a few minutes to visit these Linky parties. It's always fun to see what folks are working on.
I wanted to share this last bit. I'm sure it's 100% correct!
Happy Quilting All! Bonnie
I had to go back to remember what the Eiffel Tower quilt looks like. Have you ever considered machine binding? I switched over a few years back and love it. Sounds like a great event with the house warming!!!♥️
ReplyDeleteI hope you will get pix and post of the other items you worked on this week. Very fun and bright hat you finished. Wishing you a very productive week!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the good stitching metrics this year. You are doing well on both the stitching time and the stash management. Very fun colors in that hat. I'm sure the little boy will appreciate the "manly" colors when he's old enough to wear it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great opportunity for the Spotsylvanians. I like the polo shirts. Good going with fabric management this year!
ReplyDelete