It's amazing how much sewing I did this week. Most of it was done Saturday and Sunday. The funny thing is I only had 4 goals for the week. Needless to say, all of them got done and then some!
First up -- last week's goals.
9/14/26
✅Quilt Popsicle quilt — quilting done, binding made.
✅Cut another quilt kit for retreat — done, but already sewing it together.
✅Sew July UFO together. Add something to top and bottom to make it rectangular — top sewn together but no additional top and bottom.
✅Cut out Marigold Mystery blocks for Sept — blocks are finished.
Here's a look, um, er not... Yep, I finished the Popsicle quilt but I didn't taken any pictures. In fact I left it on the frame until late Sunday night. I'll try to remember to take pictures this week after it is bound.
I did cut another quilt for retreat, or at least supposedly for retreat... but I went ahead and started making it. Here are several blocks from Honey Bouquet, a Villa Rosa Design. Notice the bright multicolored print? I have 2 fat quarters of it and decided one would be great for Honey Bouquet. What I didn't have is enough fat quarters to make HB at the stated size. So I grabbed pieces of fabrics that went with the colors in the print. I'm not sure what size I'll actually make this. I may leave off a column and then add a border to make it the size requested by the guild for donations.
Cutting takes a bit of time when you don't have the number of untouched fat quarters needed per the instructions. I may be able to work on it this week. If so I'll try to get pictures of it as a top.
The July UFO is together but not the top and bottom additions. I have lost interest in it and put it away. I can take it out again later -- once I am more interested in actually finishing it.
The two block sets for Marigold Mystery were cut out and I went ahead and finished them too. In fact I made an extra one of the Ohio Star block. What? I'm not sure how that happened but I will keep both for now and decide which one will work the best in the quilt. It'll be interesting to see how these blocks will be used. These weren't hard just time consuming.
And now this week's goals. I shouldn't have so many things on it as I will be volunteering at the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo in Fredericksburg one day and working our guild booth at the State Fair one evening. Hopefully I will remember to take photos at the two events.
9/21/26
Bind Popsicle Quilt
Quilt 1 or 2 small quilts and bind
Finish bright Honey Bouquet top
Layout RSC blocks from 2025, sew together
Attend Orginal Sewing & Quilting Expo and State Fair
I did get started sewing my current leader ender together. Here's what's on the design wall now. The missing row is red and it was at the sewing machine when I quit for the night. I figured I could sew the blocks into rows even if this isn't how I want them to be put together. I haven't a clue what order I want the colors to be in. I'll probably need more rows also. I have another stack of block so I should be fine. I will be moving some of the blocks around a bit to spread out the darker ones. BTW, the last row is black and gray.
Week ending 9/20/26: 263 days of 2026.
262 stitching days out of 263 days 99.6%
I pulled a book off my shelf and boy was I surprised by the insides. I've had it for many, many years but evidently I didn't look at it all that much.
It was published early 2000's. The authors are Judy Turner and Margaret Rolfe. The reason I was amazed by it is it basically gives a slew of block colorings for Potato Chip blocks. Most of the actual patterns use a smaller rectangle but the ratio appears to be the same. It does a good job discussing light/dark colors, textile patterns, and the like. But I was surprised that the main block they used was what we now call the Potato Chip block. I did a quick Internet search and there are books available through various used book sites -- if you are interested in one check several sources as there are a variety of prices too. I guess I'll be considering one of the block layouts to make a quilt -- preferably a baby size quilt! I might even use one of the smaller brick sizes. Although I do have quite a few pieces of the standard Potato Chip brick cut.
I'm linking with the following parties. Stitching Time, Oh Scrap, Quilting Patchwork Applique, Design Wall Monday, Monday Musings.
The state of Virginia began early voting on the 9/18. It will run until 10/31. They are trying to make it easy for all registered voters to vote whether during early voting or Election Day. If your state allows early voting check out their website to get the locations, days and times. Kudos for Virginia offering some late nights, two Saturdays and two Sundays. I have a feeling the actual Election Day may be very crowded this year. If your state only uses mailed ballots make sure to mail it early or drop it off at your county election office or kiosk. And then, get back to quilting.
Happy Quilting All! Bonnie




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.