Thursday, April 26, 2012

Design Boards Are Groovy

I have been looking for a method to get really smooth circles when quilting with Ruthie.  And, I'm thrilled to say I've found it!  Design Boards are the answer.  I think they are groovy man!  I've been getting my boards from Urban Elementz.
Here's what the board looks like sitting on the back side of Ruthie's table.  See the black circle?  That is a band that holds two boards together.  This Baptist fan is the one I just tried now that I have two boards.  (Working with one board was -- ugh... not great.)

I agreed to do several twin size charity quilts for Faithful Circle so I am trying to get one done each of the times I'm scheduled to come to Maryland. (I've succeeded too!)  This design gives a really nice feel to this quilt.  I've got plans for using it several more times on quilts I'm finishing.

The close up. 

Today I'll be at FCQ's quilt show working various locations.  It should be lots of fun and, oh my, there are vendors to visit and I have a list!  I hope to be able to post some great quilt pictures some time this week.  

Off to get ready!  Happy Quilting All. 

7 comments:

  1. Baptist fan looks terrific on that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Baptist fan is perfect for that quilt! Nice job, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt pattern!! ANd the quilt is very sweet! Many hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very groovy! I love baptist fans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved that quilt pattern. I need to check out those boards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if you have to stop and start quiliting on each line of the baptist fan when you use the groovy boards, love how it looks but hate to stop so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous -- because you didn't have an email address I could not send you back a response -- if you check back here no, you don't start and stop each line. Feel free to email me for more info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.